Employment Works program eligibility is extended to Community Service Providers and Individuals with Disability-Owned Businesses who are eligible to participate in the Employment Works Program if they meet the eligibility requirements as defined in SF 14-101. An organization must be a "Community Service Provider" or an "Individual with a Disability-Owned Business:"
Community Service Provider requirements:
- That is organized under the laws of the United States or the State;
- That is certified as a "Community Service Provider" by the Wage and Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor;
- That is accredited by the Division of Rehabilitation Services of
- The Department of Education;
- That is operated in the interest of individuals who have a mental or physical disability, including blindness, that
- Constitutes a substantial handicap to employment and
- Prevents the individual from engaging in normal competitive employment the net income of which does not insure wholly or partly to the benefit of any shareholder or other individuals.
For more information on becoming a Community Service Provider, please fill out the following form:
Individual-with-Disability-Owned Business requirements:
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Constitution and By-Laws.
- Description of business services, capabilities, and development plans.
- Describe geographical areas of State you will operate in.
- Copy of the Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) certification letter.
- The federal Employers ID number.
If your organization is eligible to participate and would like to fill out an application for the Employment Works Program, please contact the Employment Works Program at 410-381-8660.
For more information on becoming an Individual with Disability-Owned Business, please fill out the following form: