Maryland Works Seeks Director of Workforce Development/Disability/Disadvantaged Employment
Maryland Works is currently seeking someone to fill the position of Director of Workforce Development for the Center of Excellence.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Disability/disadvantaged employment/career
- Business ownership and development
- Social services
- Workforce development
- Thought leader
- Special populations
- Content and practice expertise – needed to identify best practices in the employment of people with disabilities/disadvantages
- Content creator
- Lead/manage multi-format/channel knowledge transfer
- Provide real-world technical assistance
- Policy guidance and advocacy
- Focus on state and local implementation
- National awareness and connectivity
- Comfortable with change, complexity & ambiguity
- Excellent communicator
- Big-picture/detail-oriented professional, able to work in a Center for Excellence environment
- Full or P/T employment
Please include a resume, statement of interest and salary requirements.
We are a statewide membership association that expands employment and business ownership opportunities for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment. Our members include non-profit community service organizations and individual workforce development professionals who specialize in creating workforce and economic opportunities for thousands of motivated and qualified Marylanders with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
To promote economic and workforce development strategies that assure full inclusion of individuals with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
Background of Maryland Works
- $1.5 million budget
- Small non-profit with 12 staff
- 32 nonprofit members
- 800 individual workforce professional members
- Host training and networking sessions year-round
For questions or to submit your resume e-mail Jen Spiker at email@example.com.
Source: Maryland Works, Inc.