Job Coaching 101 Registration
Maryland Works is pleased to offer another free member benefit exclusively to our Provider Network & Workforce Network members: The Online Job Coaching 101 Training Course. Maryland Works Online Job Coaching 101 Training Course was developed in consultation with nationally renowned subject matter experts, Transcen, with input from DDA, BHA, and DORS. A special thank you goes to the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council for their financial support.
This course was developed as an orientation for new Job Coaches in the state of Maryland. It provides an overview of the history of disability services and how Maryland approaches the expansion of employment through developing new jobs, teaching skills and supporting new employment sites. This self-paced training will let your new staff know what is to be expected of them and will increase their knowledge on how to assist employees with disabilities to help them become and remain successful. This four-module course consists of webinars and PDF copies of PowerPoint slides for downloading along with several activities that engage trainees and allow them to apply those concepts after successfully completing all four modules. Each module concludes with a self-grading quiz and all trainees who successfully complete the four modules will be issued a Certificate of Completion from Maryland Works.
The Online Job Coaching 101 Training consists of four (approx. 1.5-hour) training modules:
- Module 1: Roles and Responsibilities
- Module 2: Teaching New Skills: A Job Coach’s Toolkit
- Module 3: Setting Goals, Measuring Success and Reporting Progress
- Module 4: Stabilization, Encouraging Independence and Fading Coaching Support
If you have an account set up there is no need to create a new one. Once your registration has been received and approved; an email will be sent to you from the email that was provided within 48 hours for access to the online training.
Maryland Works is proud to offer this course at no charge to our Provider Network members to utilize on an as-needed basis. Our goal is to help you build a solid foundation for your new Job Coaches and equip new staff with the knowledge and resources necessary to improve employment outcomes for people with disabilities.
- Event Category:
- Training Program
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to email@example.com. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.