CASH Campaign of Maryland Presents Financial Education
CASH Campaign of Maryland
Presents Financial Education
May 8, 9, & 11
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: In-person or Virtual
In-Person Location: 10270 Old Columbia Rd., Suite 100, Columbia, MD 21046
The CASH -Creating Assets Savings and Hope- Campaign of Maryland has a depth of experience providing technical assistance to housing and workforce development programs who serve low-income consumers and individuals with disabilities as well as designing financial education curriculum. These services enhance the capacity of an organization and its staff to improve the financial stability of the people they serve.
1. Learn effective methods to engage clients in financial conversations leading to financial education.
2. Understand core components of financial wellbeing and strategies to help clients understand their money values/habits, set financial goals, create a spending plan, build a positive credit history, and manage financial tools used in their daily money management.
3. Create a detailed plan on the integration of financial education into the participant's work.
CASH Campaign of Maryland promotes economic advancement for individuals and families in Baltimore and across Maryland. CASH accomplishes its mission by operating a portfolio of direct service programs, building organizational and field capacity, and leading policy and advocacy initiatives to strengthen family economic stability. CASH’s direct service programs include free tax preparation services for low-income workers, connecting people to asset development resources including safe financial products, and financial education, and providing training and support to service providers seeking to increase their capacity to implement financial security techniques within their organizations.
Locally, CASH Campaign of Maryland has been contracted by both grantmaking and direct service organizations to review existing programs and identify methods to support the financial well-being of their clients. In this capacity, CASH has provided classroom instruction to case managers to equip them with the knowledge to support their clients as they move towards financial stability. Additionally, CASH has reviewed intake processes, case management structures, existing curriculums, data collection tools, and discharge processes to identify opportunities to embed financial readiness indicators and supports for their clients (e.g., introducing financial stability evaluations, launching financial coaching programs, and financial education curriculum reviews).
May 8th, 2023
May 9th, 2023
May 11th, 2023
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Training Program
- In-Person or Virtual
10270 Old Columbia Rd., Suite 100
Columbia, MD 21046
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.