4/4 - Federal Hiring for Candidates w/ a Disability
Federal Hiring Process and Employment for Candidates with a Disability
April 4, 2023
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Members: $156 Non-Members $206
Location: Zoom Meeting
We deeply believe each person has talents and skills and these should be fully leveraged when seeking a position to serve in the Federal Government. Our ultimate goal is to partner with you to provide sound and practical training to those who seek to understand the Federal hiring process to further help others.
Great benefits, paid vacation time, a stable job, a “normal” 40-hour work week with a 9 to 5 schedule… Sound appealing? If so, a Federal job is in your future! Many have the skills to be public servants, but navigating the Federal hiring process is daunting to even the most aggressive job seeker. Join Corliss Jackson, a former Federal agency HR Director, as she demystifies the process:
• Why is a Federal resume so different than a corporate resume?
• Which Federal jobs should I target?
• What is happening ‘behind the scenes’ after I submit my application?
• How do I negotiate my salary and vacation time (yes, you can!)
Facilitator: Wendy Thompson, Certified Federal Career Strategist and Federal Job Coach
Wendy Thompson comes to Federal Job Results as a seasoned Federal Career Strategist. She has over 20 years of experience providing personal and career counseling and coaching to individuals and groups.
She was a former federal employee and Director of the Career Center at the National Institutes of Health. She has also worked in academic, corporate, and clinical behavioral health settings as a counselor, manager, trainer, and facilitator. She is passionate about helping individuals achieve positive change by integrating their personal and professional goals. Wendy received a B.A. in Government and Communications and an M.Ed. in Counseling, both from the University of Virginia.
April 4th, 2023
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Training Program
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to email@example.com. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.