10/17 - Federal Hiring Process and Employment for Candidates with a Disability
Federal Hiring Process and Employment for Candidates with a Disability
October 17, 2024
1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Members: $206 Non-Members: $156
We deeply believe each person has talents and skills and these should be fully leveraged when seeking a position to serve in the Federal Government. Our ultimate goal is to partner with you to provide sound and practical training to those who seek to understand the Federal hiring process to further help others.
Great benefits, paid vacation time, a stable job, a “normal” 40-hour work week with a 9 to 5 schedule… Sound appealing? If so, a Federal job is in your future! Many have the skills to be public servants, but navigating the Federal hiring process is daunting to even the most aggressive job seeker. Join Corliss Jackson, a former Federal agency HR Director, as she demystifies the process:
• Why is a Federal resume so different than a corporate resume?
• Which Federal jobs should I target?
• What is happening ‘behind the scenes’ after I submit my application?
• How do I negotiate my salary and vacation time (yes, you can!)
Facilitator: Kay-Linda Laporte
Ms. Kay Laporte has more than 30 years of experience managing and practicing in all aspects of operational management to include human resource, training, DEIA, information technology, security management, records management controls, facilities management, personal property, budget management and execution, contracting and contract oversight. Ms. Laporte is a retired Senior Leader (SL) and served as the Deputy Director, Administration and Chief Human Capital Officer. Ms. Laporte has held progressively responsible senior leadership and senior executive positions within the federal sector and has had the opportunity to work with multiple federal agencies as well as major private employers in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area.
Ms. Laporte has extensive experience facilitating federal training and spent over 10 years developing customized course curriculum for the Department of Defense to include DoD SES Annual Forum as well as a vast array of human capital training conducted nationally and internationally.
Ms. Laporte is a member of the Small Agency Human Resources Committee and is a certified federal instructor through the Department Homeland Security, a member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Senior Executives Association, African American Federal Executive Association, and the American Society for Training and Development. A native of Brooklyn, New York, Ms. Laporte enjoys boating, skiing and is a proud graduate of Howard University.
October 17th, 2024
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to email@example.com. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.
In order to register for a training or event you must first setup an account with MD Works.
(Already have an account? Please login below.)