1/9 - 2/15 - ACRE Employment Services Certificate with an Emphasis on Customized Employment
*DDA ACRE Reimbursement*
The Developmental Disabilities Administration is committed to enhancing community employment options for persons with developmental disabilities. A key component of our efforts is ensuring qualified employment service providers have the skills, knowledge and tools they need to support people with developmental disabilities to achieve competitive integrated employment opportunities in their local communities.
To this end, the reimbursement, effective July 1, 2018, to employment service providers for DDA-approved employment training and certification exams will continue to be paid until otherwise communicated by the DDA.
To receive reimbursement, providers will need to invoice DDA with the following information and submit to your regional directors:
● Name and title of the employee
● Name of the provider organization
● Date(s) and location of the training
● Name of the training and training provider
● Supporting documentation that the employee has completed the course successfully
● For reimbursement of fees for the Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) exam through the Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE), provide supporting documentation that the employee has passed the exam
● Training fees
For questions, please email Kasey Venn, Statewide Coordinator of Employment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facilitator: Kevin Walker has over 29 years of experience with Penn-Mar Human Services, and served in various direct support, managerial, and administrative roles before becoming the Director of Business Development. Kevin spearheaded Penn-Mar’s Employment 1st initiative in 2009, and for the past 7 years has provided training and technical assistance to like-minded provider organizations. In July of 2020, Kevin assisted with the development and launch of Penn-Mar’s consulting division.
Kevin is a Certified Workforce Incentives Practitioner and a 2020 graduate of Leadership Baltimore County. He is a certified ACRE trainer and led in the development of a Penn-Mar centric ACRE endorsed curriculum. Kevin has been involved in ACRE projects in California, District of Columbia, Maryland, Minnesota, and Oklahoma, and is also a curriculum reviewer for ACRE. Kevin serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy on the National Expansion of Employment Opportunities Network (NEON) project and has provided training and technical assistance to providers in Indiana, New York, and Maryland for NEON.
Facilitator: Tricia Zeltwanger has been employed with Penn-Mar Human Services since 1991. Tricia held the position of Contract Manager until 2012 when she took the position as a Job Developer. Tricia’s vital role is to connect with our community through networking and developing employer partnerships. Tricia is a 2014 graduate of Leadership York. She created the York Business Networking Group and has served as its President since 2015. Tricia is an Ambassador for the York County Economic Alliance and serves on the Board of Southern York County Business Association. Tricia trains Penn-Mar new hires on Customized Employment and is passionate about the needs and goals of each employment seeker. Tricia has demonstrated a high level of success in placing many employment seekers in community employment.
January 9th, 2024
January 10th, 2024
January 11th, 2024
January 17th, 2024
January 18th, 2024
February 6th, 2024
February 7th, 2024
February 8th, 2024
February 14th, 2024
February 15th, 2024
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Training Program
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to email@example.com. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.
In order to register for a training or event you must first setup an account with MD Works.
(Already have an account? Please login below.)