10/10 - Employment Law & Legislative Update
Employment Law, Legislative, & Regulatory Update
October 10, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Member: Free! Non-member: Free!
Join this interactive and engaging program as we review the latest news, proactive practices, and pitfalls to avoid in administering your organization’s employment policies and programs. Topics will include:
- New rules on form I-9, in-person and remote inspection
- U.S. DOL’s wage/hour and FMLA Updates
- The U.S. EEOC's latest statistics and guidance
- National Labor Relations Board's (NLRB) latest rule on employer handbook policies
- Federal agencies’ 2023 agendas
- New Maryland laws
- …and more!
Facilitator: Christine V. Walters, J.D., MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR Ms. Walters has more than 25 years’ combined experience in management, HR administration, employment law practice, and teaching. She has received national and regional awards, presented at conferences across the country, been engaged as an expert witness for the defense, and testified before U.S. Congressional and state legislative committees and administrative agencies on employment issues.
-Her book, “From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations” is now in its 2nd edition and has been one of the publisher’s “Great 8” best-sellers for eight consecutive years and provides readers with 3.0 SHRM credits!
-Today Ms. Walters works as an independent consultant providing proactive human resources and employment law consulting services and training programs doing business as FiveL Company, “Helping Leaders Limit their Liability by Learning the Law.”SM
-Ms. Walters is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland.
October 10th, 2023
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Training Program
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.