9/30 - Managing Up, Down, & Across
Managing Up, Down, & Across
Friday, September 30, 2022
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Members: $109 Non-Members $159
Location: Zoom Meeting Webinar
Managing Up, Down and Across is the everyday tool for building better relationships, seeing what’s needed, and managing actions to get results. In today’s fast-paced society, learning the art of communication, relationship management, and anticipating needs at every level is essential to succeed in the workplace and maintain a sense of balance and control.
This all-day training workshop will teach participants the skills to set and manage expectations using effective communication to proactively identify what’s needed, and how to respond to others in a positive, win-win-focused manner. Skills covered will include “reading between the lines” to understand what isn’t said, understanding other’s perspectives and how it impacts you, as well as how to use this information to create the “Big Picture.”
- Learning to recognize communication barriers and how to remove them
- Developing a listening strategy to understand the perspectives of others
- Building and maintaining working relationships using effective communication
- Learning practical steps to build and improve anticipation skills
- Identifying expectations of others and how to respond using planning and communication
- Learning to communicate your expectations with others to achieve goals
- Using communication to break down walls and barriers for effective relationships
Who should attend: People at any organizational level who want to improve communication with others to build rapport, understanding, and manage the expectations of others.
Facilitator: Karen Jacobs brings over 35 years of expertise in Training, Management, Marketing, Strategic Planning, Market Research, Leadership Coaching, and Process Improvement. She is the Managing Director of The Integrity Team, Inc. a full-service training and coaching organization focusing on the growth of individuals and their organizations. She is an independent consultant for DuPont Sustainable Solutions. Previously, she was a Director with over 110 matrixed employees with a Fortune 200 Gas and Electric Public Utility. She has specific experience in leading organizational change, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and implementation of strategic service initiatives.
- September 30th, 2022
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Zoom Meeting Webinar
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.
In order to register for a training or event you must first setup an account with MD Works.
(Already have an account? Please login below.)