9/19 - 9/26 - Creative Job Development Strategies
Creative Job Development Strategies
September 19 & 20
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Member: $140 Non-Member: $190
Location: Zoom Meeting
Today’s economy is very similar to the one we had in the mid 80’s when Supported Employment strategies were first being implemented. Currently there are lots of opportunities for people to work in food service, retail, and service industries. Historically, these JOB FINDING strategies have been effective for people who have mild & moderate barriers to employment. Unfortunately, as before, we are now seeing people with more significant barriers to employment struggling with these types of positions and often having reduced hours and destabilized career paths.
With Maryland’s strong stance on Employment First & Transformation Plan more creative JOB DEVELOPMENT strategies are needed for higher levels of success.
- How to effectively communicate with businesses
- Using Vocational Themes to find the right employers to work with
- Finding Artisan Employers to work with
- Developing Visual & Video portfolios
- Maximizing Social, Economic, and Organizational Capital to develop effective relationships with businesses
- How to effectively conduct Informational Interviews
- How to develop effective employment proposals
- How to perform effective interest-based negotiation in the job development process
- How to use an array of Economic Development strategies to develop employment opportunities
Facilitator: Corey Smith is a Senior Consultant for Griffin-Hammis Associates Inc. providing consultation and training for customers around the Country. He also works with the Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP), Virginia Commonwealth University, and a number of other universities, states, community rehabilitation providers (CRP’s), high schools, and families, providing consultation and training, on customized employment, supported employment, self-employment, alternative funding and organizational transformation.
In 2014 Corey received the Association for People Supporting Employment First (APSE) Dave Hammis Innovation Award for his work in Customized Employment and Braided Funding Strategies.
Corey has 30 years of experience directing highly successful supported employment/customized employment programs in Pennsylvania and Michigan. During this time Corey has helped a number of organizations fully transform from facility-based workshop and day services to fully integrated employment programs. Corey has dedicated his entire career to developing strategies to help people served in facility-based programs to become employed in the community and attain full community membership.
- September 19th, 2022
- 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Zoom Meeting
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.