11/1 - 12/8 ACRE
Facilitator: Kevin Walker has over 27 years of experience with Penn-Mar Human Services, and served in various direct support, managerial, and leadership roles before becoming the Director of Business Development. Kevin spearheaded Penn-Mar’s Employment 1st initiative in 2009, and for the past 6 years has provided training and technical assistance to like-minded provider organizations. Kevin is a certified Work Incentive Practitioner and a 2020 graduate of Leadership Baltimore County. He is recognized as a subject matter expert on employment and serves on the Maryland Employment 1st leadership team.
Facilitator: Tricia Zeltwanger has been employed with Penn-Mar Human Services since 1991. Tricia held the position of Contract Manager until 2012 when she took the position as a Job Developer. Tricia’s vital role is to connect with our community through networking and developing employer partnerships. Tricia is a 2014 graduate of Leadership York. She created the York Business Networking Group and has served as its President since 2015. Tricia is an Ambassador for the York County Economic Alliance and serves on the Board of Southern York County Business Association. Tricia trains Penn-Mar new hires on Customized Employment and is passionate about the needs and goals of each employment seeker. Tricia has demonstrated a high level of success in placing many employment seekers in community employment.
*DDA ACRE Reimbursement*
The DDA has been committed to assisting service providers during these transition years leading up to the full implementation of the LTSSMaryland-DDA Module system and new employment services rates by reimbursing providers for the DDA-approved employment training program or certification competency test. For any staff that a current and approved provider pays for and sends to a DDA-approved employment training program or certification competency test until Employment Services become effective or a provider is fully billing the fee for services in LTSSMaryland-DDA Module, the DDA will reimburse the provider for the associated fees.
Providers will need to invoice DDA with the following information and submit to your Regional Directors:
• Name and title of the employee
• Name of the provider organization
• Date(s) and location of the training
• Name of the training and training provider
• Supporting documentation that the employee has completed the course successfully
• For reimbursement of fees for the Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) exam through the Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE), provide supporting documentation that the employee has passed the exam
• Training fees
Please remember that anyone delivering Discovery, Job Development and Self-Employment Development supports after Employment Services are effective must have proof of competency in the best practices of Customized Employment as evidenced by completing and passing the Certified Employment Support Professional exam through the Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE). The cost of both the ACRE training and the CESP exam is reimbursable by DDA until the new Employment Services rates become effective or the provider is fully billing in LTSSMaryland-DDA Module.
November 1st, 2022
November 2nd, 2022
November 16th, 2022
December 7th, 2022
December 8th, 2022
- 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Hybrid: In-Person or Virtual
- A cancellation notice is required two business days in advance for a refund. To request a cancellation, please send your request to email@example.com. This payment is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deducted as a business expense. Please provide notice of accommodations needed two weeks in advance.
- Courses have individual attendance requirements to receive a certificate. Please inquire with the trainer before missing any classes.
In order to register for a training or event you must first setup an account with MD Works.
(Already have an account? Please login below.)